Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Birthday Reveal

I haven't been the kind of crafty I've been craving lately.  I am itching to get into some canvas.  Maybe this weekend I'll have some me time.  The exhibit is in two days and I'm starting to feel relaxed about it.  Kind of.  Sometimes.  LOL.  Sandra Biggs, the organizer, has been so supportive.  She says I'm going to be the star of the show.  That made me feel good.  Thanks, Sandra!

Well, I gave you sneaks a couple of weeks ago, I can finally post the projects that I made for my Tennessee Mawmaw's birthday.

This is an old Prima Flower container.  I bought her a bracelet and put shred paper in this little container and then decorated the lid.  The paper is by - hmmmm, great, I don't remember.  I want to say that it's by Basic Grey.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Anyway, the K & S are fabric thickers.  They are pink but I distrissed them with vintage photo distress ink.  I also distressed the edges of the paper with vintage phot ink.  "Cherish" stamp is by Stampin' Up!  And now to the yumminess...the tree is chipboard by Maya Road.  I misted it brown with Maya Mist and then embossed it using Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.  The bird is by K&Company (I think).  I added the googly eye and I made the wings.  I just cut three pieces of patterned paper and then adhered them with pop dots to give it some dimension.



The next project is a canvas.  She is a Tennessee Titans fan (ewwww), so I decided to go with a baby blue.  Plus it brings out the stripes in the paper.  Paper, flowers, and vintage kids by Die Cuts With a View (DCWV).  I added lace to her dress and pretty sparklies to her crown and to the flowers.  Distressed edges of paper with a distressing tool and also inked the edges with "vintage photo" distress ink.  Yeah, I kinda love it a whole lot.  :)    The word bubbles are on pop dots for dimension.  After putting it all together I mod podged the entire canvas to seal it.


There is a little joke about Karen being the "bag lady" because she is kinda sorta (REALLY) addicted to buying bags of all sorts.  So I made her this little chipboard sign that she can hang on her cubicle or at home.  All paper by DCWV and the letters are Thickers. 


Hope you enjoyed viewing my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment