Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Art for the Heart Update


Art for the Heart is about to shift from the marketing stage to kick-off.  I have my first class lined up for the month of September as I hit a few snags in August.  Boo!  But as Wayne and Garth say “Game on!”  So game on it is for this art program that I have started to serve underprivileged children in Dallas via outreach and community centers. 

But I’m not doing this alone, I have received a bunch of donations and honestly, I have more than I know what to do with at the moment.  All I could do as I sorted through all of the donations last weekend was smile and smile HUGE!  What a blessing to know so many people with big hearts.  Thank you, friends –thank you for all of the donations.  And a TEXAS SIZED THANK YOU to Caroline and the folks at Maya Road for an abundance of paper, ribbon, and so many other supplies.  I am really out of ways to say thank you but I truly am grateful for their generosity.  They have ALWAYS been one of my favorite scrapbooking companies and now they are very near and dear to my heart and to the lifeline of Art for the Heart.

As I mentioned, I spent last weekend sorting supplies –lots of work but so much fun too!  Here is a preview of just some of the stuff.  I still have an x-large crate in the garage of products that I am donating to my own program –lol! 







Much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment