Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

I have so very much to be thankful for this year…my family, an abundance of friends; my health, my freedom, and my creativity just to name a few.  I don’t think I’ve ever been this thankful and this happy at this time of year --well at least not in a long time.  I think I have complicated so much for so long that I am ready to quit working myself so hard to the point of utter exhaustion that I can’t enjoy myself and the people around me.  I think there is a saying about life being too short.  I think.  We can discuss that at another time.  For now I want to say that I am thankful for you too, my blog readers from all over the world!  Thank you for inspiring me to keep creating art!  I love to hear that my work has inspired you in some way, it means so very much to this simple girl in Texas.  Well, okay, maybe not so simple!  Ha!  Thank you, thank you, my friends.  Let me share a few snapshots from my Thanksgiving Weekend with all of you...   



East Texas is beautiful this time of year, the drive is so peaceful –I love to get lost in the scenery, the vehicle moves too fast for me to snap decent pictures but trust me, I am snapping from every angle that these brown eyes will absorb and saving them in my memory.  I wish I could share all the beautiful images in my head with all of you.  How I wish. 

The Doneghue's own a significant amount of land in East Texas...I went exploring on Thanksgiving Day and snapped this photo to share with all of the followers of my photography...hope you like it too!

Huge pine trees tower over me in every direction. 


A wonderland awaits this party of one...lets lay on the ground and roll around in the beautifully colored leaves!  I admit, I did it.  :D


Peek a boo!  I spent the day after Thanksgiving in "the shop".  That's really where the boys hang out and drink beer, shoot guns, and things like that.  Yes, I had a beer or two and I even shot a gun!  But aside from that I didn't do much else on this day.  I was feeling a little sick so I just sat around and listened to music, played with the dog, and I even napped!  The air was nice and crisp and the shop doors were open so that we could enjoy the elements in the comfort of the indoors.  I don't think I've had such a lazy day in a very long time, but I sure as heck took advantage of it.  Plus it was nice not having the pressure of getting all dolled up and wearing extensive make-up.  I was content and tolerated (lol) in my yoga pants, sweatshirt and well, I did try to dress up the outfit with a scarf but I enjoyed being casual!  ::love::

I hope that your Thanksgiving was just as delightful!  Today has been busy with editing clients photos and finishing up craft projects.  I think I will close the chapter on Thanksgiving Weekend 2011 with a nice soak and then off to bed...hopefully to find sweet dreams.

Until next time...peace, love, and being thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment