Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, May 13, 2012

National Scrapbooking Month

May is National Scrapbooking Month.  Although I'm not a very good scrapbooker, I think I do really well with mini books and mixed media.  So why not celebrate the art of crafting and some of the women that have influenced me, motivated me and have been on the artistic journey with me for several years.  So I decided to do a little something special for a handful of friends...for Dee Dee who encouraged me to try out for the design team, for Kimmy and Genie who have been my online friends for several years and we have inspired one another and watched each other evolve in our different forms of art, for Lisa who has taken me in like a family member and shares my passion for crafting, and for Deb who is my crop buddy, retreat buddy, and basically keeps me in the know of the latest and greatest in the craft world.  Because let's face it...I'm such a busy person I don't have time to read blogs and figure out who is doing what in the scrapbook world.  Thank you, ladies! 

So what did I make for them?  I made each of them a beautiful canvas using the new Dylusions ink sprays by Dyan Reaveley.  These are the ones that I have in my arsenal...


So using her sprays, stamps and a stencil by prima I made 5 gorgeous pieces of art to send to my friends.  Here are a couple of the ones I will be mailing out this week.  To see all of them, visit my facebook art page.




No comments:

Post a Comment