Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Come to my window


Who doesn’t love a good ghost story?  I do!  This picture was taken at what used to be a homestead for African Americans during the Great Depression.  The homes are most dilapidated and fire has claimed some of the structures.  But some of the frames are still in place.  This window caught my attention.  It seemed to be the only wall standing in this particular home.  I imagined how many times someone stood at the window, peering out the sea of pine trees.  What were they thinking?  What were they looking for?  Who were they looking for?  What did they see?  These structures may not have a supernatural entity but I like to imagine the ghosts of people pasts –the ones that stood and looked out that window.

No comments:

Post a Comment