Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 3, 2012

What a special night

Last night was nothing short of amazing.  I got to see The Avett Brothers for the very first time at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Texas.  There was no opening act and they played three solid hours.  They made me laugh, they made me cry, they made me clap, they made me dance, they lifted my spirit so high.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am an Avett fan till the day that I die!  This is one of my favorite pictures from the evening but I'm still sorting.  I probably took about 100 pictures but there's only a handful that will be decent.  I used my point and shoot and I was having a hard time finding the right settings.  This particular shot was taken in Program Mode with an ISO of 3200.   


Another really awesome thing happened at this show --about ten minutes before the brothers hit the stage, Dirk Nowitzki walked in to take his seat a section away from us and one rown behind ours.  We were in section 203, he was in section 205.  I kinda thought he'd have VIP seats but I guess not.  He was so gracious and shook hands and waved at everyone.  The entire venue went crazy!  And if that wasn't enough...the brothers closed the show with "I killed Sally's lover" and Dirk came up on stage and banged on a tamborine (see video below).  LOL.  It was so much fun!!!!!!!  What a night, what a night.  One for the record books!!!!  To see more of my Avett Brother photos, visit my photography website here or Through These Eyes on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment