Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First Post!

Hello blogspot friends!  This is my very first post.  Hope you like my projects.  /ms. ruin


This first project is a canvas piece.  A little bit of art therapy.  I love music, love lyrics - my friends joke that I speak in lyrics.  These lyrics are from the song "Special Pets" by OTEP.




More pictures behind the cut...take flight.




I use mod podge to seal my work.  I do not put it over my photos though.


I love layering.  Pop dots are a must in most of my art.

Yummy, yummy, grungeboard.  Painted with eggplant acrylic paint and then distress crackle.  It's like candy.

I LOVE CHIPBOARD.  Especially Maya Road chipboard.  However, I'm drawing a blank, I don't recall if this is Maya Road or not.  In fact, I think it's Tim Holtz grungeboard.  Anyway, I painted it with white crackle and then dabbed it with black and silver and lord knows what else.

Thanks for looking.  Hope you liked it.

Follow me on livejournal:  http//msruin.livejournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment