Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up


I keep feeling like there is something missing in my life.  But I'm also overwhelmed with so many people that love me, admire all of my talents, cherish my friendship, and want to be in my life.  How can I feel both?  I guess those struggles within myself are the perfect ingredients for my art.  My art is not always lollipops and rainbows.  You'll never get grey with me, just black and white.  I keep it real.

So in my art world this weekend - I did a lot of digital editing and ordered prints and framed prints.  Tomorrow night I'll be painting canvas and wrapping up my August projects.  September is quickly approaching! 

Here are just some of the frames I bought today at Jo-Ann's...only one of them is mine --the beautiful doggie.  All of the others are gifts for family and friends. 


While at the arts and crafts store I remembered that I also needed gift bags and gift boxes.  So I started loading up my cart and then stopped myself.  I thought "What am I doing?  I can make this stuff at home and mine will be WAY cuter!"  So I put everything back.  Here is a sneak peek of one of the gift boxes/containers:


Super cute, huh?  The tree is chipboard by Maya Road.  I misted it brown and then embossed it with clear Ultra Thick Embossing powder.  The bird is by K&Company, I think.  I made the litle wings by cutting out scrapbook paper and then layered them with pop dots.  I also added the googly eye because I didn't like the eye that was printed on the pressboard bird.  I know, how innovative is that?  Using pressboard cutouts?  Kudos K&Company!

On Friday afternoon, Keira and I had the entire 7th floor to ourselves.  So we decided to blow bubbles.  I'm so glad that I carry my cameras with me at all times.  I LOVE the way this turned out:


No comments:

Post a Comment