Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, April 29, 2011

More Urban Decay

On my drive to Oklahoma last week I came across this lovely building in the middle of Gainesville, Texas.  I was first distracted by the sign for a pie company on the square so I exited.  But then I saw this beauty and decided "Who needs pie, when I can spend time photographing this!"  I spoke to the owner who said he didn't currently have any plans to restore the building --what a shame.  I would turn this building into studio apartments for artists.  :)  But that's just me.  I didn't ask what this was in the past but it had to be some sort of processing plant because they had old elevator mills built in the mid to late 1920's.  My fascination with these buildings is the mysteries that lay silent in the walls --waiting for someone to unearth the secrets.



Here is another picture that I took at Logan County Memorial Hospital in Guthrie, Oklahoma.  I'm digging this angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment