Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beautiful Ruin

I've seen her several times as I skirt my way down 35 South towards Waco.  She stands less than a half mile from the interstate, surrounded by weeds.  Most would call her an eyesore, ugly and scary.  But as I drove down the gravel paved road which ended just a few feet from her door step, my heart squeezed into my throat, beating so hard I could taste it.  To me she is beautiful and magical and I couldn't wait to capture her beauty to show to the rest of the world.  ::big smile::




These images were worth every scrape on my knee, every bruise on my legs and the dirt in my face.  What good is art if you don't get dirty?


No comments:

Post a Comment