Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Verday Night

Oh oh!  She's painting!
 
 
I have been wishy washy about what I was going to get some people for Christmas.  Of course I would prefer that my gifts be handmade and although that's not the case for the majority of my presents, I did manage to start on a few handpainted projects.  So what have I been painting?  Picture frames!  Well, at least that's what I've decided to make out of them.  
 

I started out with ornate 5x7 frames made of wood.  I bought these at Michaels at 2 for $7.99.  Using a combination of the Verday Reactive Paints and Patina I was able to turn plain ol' wood frames into this...

 
Keep in mind that the paint is still drying and oxidizing so the color will continue to change over the next couple of days.  This is simply just an hour after applying the patina.  I may even go back and add some more paint and patina.  Why not?  :)

 
This round fram is actually made of resin.  I'm not sure exactly what i will do with this one.  I was thinking of making a center piece about friendship or maybe even adding a mirror to it?  I'm not crazy about the black but I hope that will soon turn orange as it oxidizes or I'm gonna have to repaint it in brass.  TBD! 

 
Here is a sneak peek of what the frame will look like when it's done.  Isn't it gorgeous????  This frame is also still oxidizing.  So I used a wooden ornate frame and a plain boxed picture frame.  I will use glue to adhere the wood frame to the picture frame and I will slide a photo from my gallery into it as well.  It doesn't get anymore Ms. Ruin than that!  I can't wait to give these to my special friends.  ::BIG SMILE::

 
As for the box above...this is not something that I made.  I bought this for myself at Hobby Lobby.  Isn't it just lovely?  I love all of the little cubbies!  This would also look fantastic in reactive paints but I really like the way it looks now.  I thought I wanted it for my craft room but I think this is going to look lovely in my bedroom in my house --when we move the entire master bedroom will be rustic and shades of white.  I want everyday to feel like a wedding day! 

 
I just love the way it opens up...it screams "put pretty things inside of me, put pretty things inside of me!"  LOL.  Sometimes the littlest things make me so happy.
 
Peace, love, and wood (bwahaha)!
 

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely, when did you get that lovely box and I find one now in Hobby lobby?

    ReplyDelete