Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Matchbook Swap

Hello out there!  I'm still alive...I know my posts have been few and far between.  I was having a dry spell on the paper front as my photography has been keeping me busy.  So I committed to a few swaps in the month of July to keep me moving.  The first swap I participated in was the Matchbook Swap at Smeared & Smudged.  I had never made a matchbook so it was a little stressful but so much fun and I do really love the way they turned out.  And not only did I committ to making one, but I committed to making TWO!  I will also receive two matchbooks to add to my own collection.  In fact, I came home today from a retreat to find a package from Greece (see above)!  A big huge thank you to Ike for the lovely postcard and one helluva matchbook.  It's completely wicked and I love it!  THANKS, IKE!

{sorry for the crappy picture}
And now onto the matchbooks I made.  They are both Halloween themed, I hope you don't mind.  This first one is for Tori.  I hope you like it, Tori --it will be in the mail to you tomorrow!






I left space in the book for little pictures and I am also sending additional Halloween themed word stickers so that you can use them over your photos or wherever you'd like.

--------------


This next one is for Trisha.  And this one is not just Halloween, but it's vintage too!  There's no room for pictures but it's a fun little book to look through.


/end Matchbook Swap.  :)  Thank you to Black Dragon for organizing this swap --it was so much fun!


2 comments:

  1. OH YAY! It's awesome and I already love it! You do such wonderful things and I'm so glad you found us at S&S! Look forward to seeing my matchbook in person!

    :)tOri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, superb Matchbooks Ms Ruin - they are awesome and I am glad you liked the one I made for you :-D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete