Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Design Team Challenge

I just realized while preparing a post for my latest project that I never did share this canvas...
 

This canvas was born from a bunch of random materials that had no rhyme or reason when put together.  The same material was sent to every design team member for The Crafty Scrapper and it was up to us to make it work.  I can remember looking at the pile and thinking "What in the hell am I gonna do with all of this?!?!?!"  But I managed to get it done.  

This was my creative process:
  • Adhered scalloped half circles from Maya Road Half Circle Chipboard Album around the canvas.
  • Adhered 7 Gypsies Numero Tissue to entire canvas with Glue n' Seal.
  • Disclaimer:  I don't like Martha Stewart, but dang she makes some good paints!  In fact, my favorite is Wedding Cake which I brushed across the canvas.  I was careful not to cover the entire canvas, I just did light strokes all over so that you could still see the tissue in the background.
  • Covered the entire canvas with Glue n' Seal --this protects the tissue from tearing.
  • Printed a photo of myself on transparency film using a laser jet printer and then adhered it to a piece of 7 Gypsies tissue using Glue n' Seal.  I also mounted it on a thin piece of cardboard because I ended up putting pop dots and behind it and I needed it to be sturdy.  
  • I stenciled the three leafy/branch like figures using a stencil and distress paints.
  • Made a crown piece using hot glue, hardware from my personal stash, Prima flowers (because they are the best), and other chipboard pieces from the Half Circle Chipboard Album --I sprayed the chipboard gold.  Once the crown was in place I...
  • Mounted the photo of myself using pop dots and added my journaling:  "This girl makes things happen."
  • Painted and adhered the last of the embellishments on to the page including the dragon fly on my lips which I colored with alcohol inks.  We also had a blingy tree sticker which makes me cringe because I would never in a hundred years buy something like that for a project because it's just not my thing --well, I took that tree, adhered it to a gold misted half circle and then glued the circle to the back of the canvas to complete the crown.  See what I mean...

We also had to make use of some pink Maya Road ribbon so i ran that along two sides of the canvas.  You can see it in the pic above and the pic below.


So there you have it.  Over all I like the way it turned out.  It's interesting to say the least.  haha.  I hope you like it too.

Come back soon, I have a fantastic project to share tomorrow.  

Take flight,

Ms. Ruin



No comments:

Post a Comment