Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Vintage Carnival Book



Hello friends!  Today I'll be showing you a lovely vintage circus themed book that was a class at a local art studio.  The minute I saw this book I thought "I HAVE TO DO IT!"  I had been saving some special circus pieces and I still had photos from 2010 when I went to Barnum & Bailey. 

In the class we did the following:
  • distressed pages using coffee infused water to age the paper
  • distressed pages using Tattered Angels Mists and Ranger Distress Sprays in various colors
  • cut out vintage circus photos and ephemera to use in the book
  • cut out tags to decorate
  • assembled the monstrous book


 

These are the tags we made for the book --each one is unique, no two alike in the entire class.  I'm basically a "give me the tools and get out of my way" kinda girl.




I referred to the book as monstrous, but I'm not joking!  There's 50+ pages in this book!  Although we were given ephemera, stock photos, and I had a small collection of my own items to use, it just wasn't enough for this huge book.  I opted to purchase digital vintage circus backgrounds and other ephemera from Etsy --at very reasonable prices too.  When you purchase digital downloads, you instantly receive the files.  I was then able to resize them and print them for my book.  Once you download the files, they are yours and you can print as many copies as you need.

Rather than post a photo of each page, I made a video to show you the completed book.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping in...take flight! 





xoxo

Ms. Ruin



No comments:

Post a Comment