Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Sunday


Good Sunday evening from my studio!  My weekend was busy with shopping and editing pictures...so I guess it's definitely the nice kind of busy.  :)  I didn't do too much crafting, however I did pick up part of my new assignment from TCS.  I say "part of" because Carolyn wants me to put together a canvas wreath but the canvas is not yet it.  I'm super duper excited about that!

Anyway, I did complete one project from the kits so far.  I decided to make a canvas about my husband and our dog, Sadie.  He adores her and Sadie lives for this man...I'm sure of it!  I have to tell you that this paper is TOTALLY OUT OF MY ELEMENT.  I really love Basic Grey but I had such a hard time getting any type of vibe from this paper.  But I managed to make it work.  The paper is from the "Lauderdale" line which will be in stores very soon --just in time for your summer projects!  Here is a preview of some of the fun elements:


I went back to the fundamentals of papercrafting with this canvas.  It offers straight lines but also lots of fun colors and layers.  You can see the layering in the second image.  I decided to use a sepia toned photo to give a dramatic contrast and make the lovely colors pop.





The other craft project that I worked on is the envelope that I'm going to mail to Jana.  Remember, she decorated the envelope that she mailed to me so it's only fair that I return the favor.  :)  Isn't it pretty?  Plus I LOVE the quote!  It's one of the new Tim Holtz stamps.



Oh!  I finally figured out what to do with the birdcage that I bought a few weeks ago --I'm going to keep my bird stamps in it.  :D  I think I need more bird stamps --my husband would probably beg to differ. 


Well, that's all I've got for now.  Until next time!

Peace, love, and birdcages,

Ms. Ruin




1 comment: