Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Drum roll, please!


I am so excited to introduce all of you to my new program:  ART FOR THE HEART!  I am rolling out a program where I will go to outreach and community centers and work on art projects with disadvantaged children.  There is a lot of work that will go into this as I am volunteering my time and all expenses are coming out of my own pocket.  There’s much work to be done and I need to move quickly as Summer is the most opportune time to reach out to underprivileged kids that don’t have a whole lot to do for the summer.

Currently I have had Caroline Lau of Maya Road come forward and donate discontinued items.  How very exciting is that!!!!  Plus, a couple of crafty friends have also said they will donate their scraps.  Some even offered to volunteer their own time to help me out.  I am blessed, so very blessed and I’m ready to pass on these blessings to the children in centers in and around Dallas.  I will keep all of you posted.  In the meantime, if you would like to help, please contact me at stamptabulous@gmail.com.  I am not accepting monetary donations but will gladly accept supplies and man hours to help prepare for the classes and actually help instruct these classes.

Art for the Heart…a little therapy for the aching soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment