Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Reflection & Project

It’s Father’s Day in the United States and I am fortunate to still have my daddy.  I am reminded this year of how fortunate I am to still have him, even if it’s just a voice on the line until we can see each other as we live nine hours away from one another.  My cousins Debbie, Danny, Tony, and David lost their dad a few weeks ago to Leukemia.  He went so suddenly and as they said their goodbye’s he cried from his coma.  They have been weighing heavily on my heart today.  No, I can’t hug my dad, but I can hear his voice on the line telling me that he loves me.  Something that my cousins cannot do.  Wherever they are, I’m sure that my uncle Tony Garcia can hear them speaking to him with their hearts from the depths of heaven.  :)

I would like to share a couple of pictures with you of my father and share the words that I shared with my friends on Facebook.  There are so many reasons that I admire him, below you will read just a few.  I would also like to share the Father’s Day project that I made for him.  It is currently on display at The Crafty Scrapper.  I can’t wait to get it back and send it off to him.  If you would like details on the canvas piece, please e-mail me at stamptabulous@gmail.com and I will answer any and all questions. 
 -----------------------------------------

Grandad, Dad –what’s the difference? My father has been a “father” to my nephew Anthony since he was born. I wonder from time to time how his own father could walk away from a beautiful child. I’m not judging, I know there are circumstances that are at times beyond our own control. Luckily for Anthony, my dad has been HIS DAD, his father figure. And at the age of 70 going on 71, my dad still manages to find the vigor to entertain a VERY LIVELY five year old. It’s not a task for him; he adores Anthony to no end. I think it’s true that Grandparents love their grandkids more so than their own children…if it’s true, I don’t mind it. Thank you dad, for giving so much of yourself to this little boy. It doesn’t go unnoticed.


Always our daddy, no matter how old we get: This is a picture of my dad assisting my brother, John, in the hospital back in 2009. John has severely deteriorated the past couple of years from Multiple Sclerosis and my parents have reverted to caring for him like he was a child. A very large child. ;) My dad is not perfect...and if you don't believe me, just ask my mom. LOL. But no matter the circumstances in their own relationship, he was ALWAYS there for us when we needed him. ALWAYS. And he continues to be there for us. Thank you, daddy…for enduring the heartache we have caused you through our mistakes, for seeing our potential before we could ever realize it, for propelling us forward in our jobs and our relationships, and for so many countless acts of selflessness. Although you are a man of few words, your actions spoke a thousand loving words to me. Now quit critiquing my driving and have a feliz dia de los padres.

This is a picture of my dad and I – taken this time last year on his visit to Dallas.  This is by far one of my favorite visits.  We grilled food, went to a Rangers game (my favorite memory), sat by the water and sipped on adult beverages, watched television together, etc.  I hope I can get both my parents out here soon.  They are both sick these days, luckily it’s nothing life threatening.  But I know they are needed at home by my brother and it’s difficult for them to get away.  But we’ll see.  Happy Father's Day, Papi! 

FATHER’S DAY CANVAS





No comments:

Post a Comment