Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering Aleida

Today is the 3rd anniversary of the passing of my friend Aleida Franklin.  She was an amazing scrapbooker and friend to so many.  Her untimely and tragic death devastated the scrapbooking community in 2008.  I still think of her–especially when I’m struggling with a 12x12 layout.  It is not my forte but something Aleida always knocked out of the park.  I miss her often. 

This is a beautifully haunting photograph that she posted on her blog the week before she passed.  What a predictive message.
 

The Artistic Journey is in two weeks and Maya Road posted a challenge to everyone that will be attending.  We were to design a tag with a picture of ourselves and list three fun facts.  I listed 6.  It’s not my best work, but I was in a rush trying to get this done by the deadline.  I posted my picture with three minutes to spare.  LOL. 



No comments:

Post a Comment