Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day Tags

I decided this year that I was not going to make the usual foofoo red and pink Valentine's Day cards that everyone else makes.  I decided instead to make tags using regal colors.  So this is what I did.  Oh, and before I start, let me add that I DID NOT give these away to anyone because, well, because I make things and then hoard them?  I have issues.  Clearly.  Anyway, back to the tag.


I actually, yes, ACTUALLY, found a notepad at Michael's that looked like a tag so I simply ripped a page from the pad and then matted it on baby blue cardstock.  So how many of those images are actually a part of the preprinted material?  The peacock on the couch, the script on the left side of the tag and the lines.  Everything else is stamped!  I stamped the scroll in egglplant and everything else in black including the "Love Wish Dream" text, the "XO" and the numbers.  All stamps by Stampers Anonymous. 


And now for the special part of the tag --THE HEARTS!  It's not Valentine's Day without a heart or heck, three hearts!  I stamped a heart on eggplant cardstock and adhered it to the center of the tag.  I went in and outlined the stamped lines with a permaball pen as they were difficult to see.  I then cut a heart out of a piece of canvas and a heart out of a piece of burlap and adhered those with pop dots.  Texture, texture, texture --Ms. Ruin LOVES texture!  I finished this off with a piece of baby blue tulle.  Muy regal, and muy beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment