Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Let freedom ring (for the fairies)


This is one of those pictures that screams “what in the hell?”  So let me explain…I have had the pleasure of meeting the Ambassador to the Fairy World and her name is Katie.  Sometimes she says things that are a bit out there but I get it.  I get her.  It seems that we have all forgotten to dream, to imagine, and to play.  Katie inspires me to find my inner child and that I did when I saw this garden ornament.  I immediately pictured all of Katie’s fairies swarming around the big yellow mushroom.  I pictured a forest among the plants where the fairy’s friends including gnomes and leprechauns would walk up and down the trails –all headed to the mushroom with satchels full of delicious food where they would meet with their winged friends and celebrate Independence Day!  So this is for Katie Poeticgarden…I know your fairies and their friends are watching the sky light up this Fourth of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment