Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Saturday, December 31, 2011

From the Desk of Ms. Ruin

Wow, I can’t believe that 2012 is over!  Did you make resolutions?  I did not.  I decided that I did not want to set myself up for failure so early in the year by making new year’s resolutions.  I reserve the right to wake up any day of the year and make an effort to find resolve for that which ails me or to change that which is in my power to amend.  Yes, there are some feats I would like to accomplish this year, but I refuse to obsess about them and beat myself up over timelines, deadlines, etc.

With that said, I would like to quickly reflect on 2011.  Not so much on the personal level because well, that’s a whole other blog.  But more so regarding my artistic journey.  I have had an influx of clients this year when it comes to my photography.  That excites me.  I did some work I am proud of on the design team for The Crafty Scrapper and I look forward to working with those gals again.  I laid the groundwork for my art program and although it hasn’t taken off like I intended it too, I have all of the supplies necessary to start full throttle.  Hopefully we will make our official launch in the first quarter of 2012.

There’s so much more I can say but to sum it all up…THANK YOU.  Thank you for all of the kind words and encouragement throughout the year.  I am happy to share so much of myself with all of you here on my blog and on Through These Eyes.  I’m a little beat down on this New Year’s Eve –I busted my tail at a wedding today, but it was worth it to shoot on a holiday for my dear friend Melissa who tied the knot today!  Congrats, Melly Bean.  ;)  Here’s to 2012 –may God keep my head spinning, my legs running, and my heart beating because sitting on my behind twiddling my thumbs is not really my style. 

Peace, love, and the Mayan Calendar…

Ms. Ruin     

No comments:

Post a Comment