Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Black & White

I am moved by black and white photography and I’m sure you’ve heard me say before that things sometimes take on new life in black and white.  I believe it to be true.  I have also said that some of the best stories are told in black and white.  I don’t just see pictures –I see parables.  Some are evident; some are waiting to be told.  It excites me much.  And I do love sharing those stories through my visual art.  Gosh, if you could just open your heart to me for just a few minutes –to experience what I feel inside of me about the world around me…the way I see it through my physical lens, and through the constant snapping that is going on in my head when I don’t have camera in hand.  I wish I could let it out with words…sometimes it’s not possible.  I want to look you in the eye, I want you feel what I feel.  I don’t just want you to experience the story; I want you to be the story.  ::big smile::  Few get it…but I know I’m destined to strike a chord in the most unlikely people.  Just you wait…I’ll grip your soul when you least anticipate.  And I will thank YOU for letting yourself go in my world.  Life is too short to spend it building walls around the imagination.    
 
The above photo was taken on South Padre Island, Texas and is dedicated to my Tennessee Mama --Karen.  I'm convinced she needs to retire to a beach.  :)
 
Peace, love, and sand between the toes!    

No comments:

Post a Comment