Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm on fire!

 -Lake Michigan via Chicago, Illinois
 
THIS is what I love to photograph.  THIS is what I'm good at. I very rarely advertise family portraits because although I don't mind taking photos for people when they seek me out, I want to be remembered for my visual art. Does that make sense?  THIS is what fuels me.  THIS is who I am.  THIS is Ms. Ruin. ::leaves heart on the floor:: ♥
 
::cough::  Now that I've got that out of my system.  Here are some other photographic highlights from my trip to The Windy City in October.  I still have a bunch more to sort through plus some really cool pics of a fantastic lighthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin on the banks of Lake Michigan.  Talk about brrrrrrrr!  For now, enjoy these...
 
The world famous Chicago Theater
 
 
 
--------------------------
 
Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier --yes, I did ride!
 
Lighthouse at Navy Pier on the banks of both the Chicago River and Lake Michigan
 
 
--------------------------
 
Hillside, Illinois --the final resting place of Al Capone.
 
Lots of old and beautiful monuments in this gorgeous cemetery.
 
--------------------------
 
Does this one really need a caption?  Okay, fine.  This is Cloud Gate at Millenium Park.  Affectionately known as The Bean.  "Sonia, you gotta go see the bean!!"
 
--------------------------
 
 
 
I love this one.  Believe it or not, it's probably a favorite.  I'm strange that way.
 
--------------------------
 
Currently the tallest building in the world --Willis Tower.  Formerly knows as The Sears Tower.  Yes, went up to the very top of this one too.  Want to see those pics?  Stay tuned!
 
--------------------------
 
If you enjoyed these photos, don't forget that you can repin all of my work to your boards on Pinterest!  Happy Pinning.  :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment