Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art Therapy

I wanted to revisit this layout for a few reasons.  1.  I want to pin it to Pinterest from my newer craft blog and 2. I wanted to show the vulnerable and not so pretty side to scrapbooking.  When I first completed this page I was so afraid to share it with the craft community, but by far it has been by most popular one to date and so many people shared how they were inspired to scrapbook their own emotions.  You see, scrapbooking shouldn't just be for the good times, it can help you repair some of the bad times in your life too.  Art has been my saving grace as I have faced many rough patches in my life and I find comfort in knowing that when I hurt again, I can pour it into my art --even the art of scrapbooking.

I want to mention that this layout features a medium that we all have access too for free --CARDBOARD!  Yep!  And it was so much fun to use.  You will see it in a couple of places in my layout.  Enjoy.  :)

First and foremost is the hand-stamping of lyrics...one.letter.at.a.time.  Insane, I know.  But it looks pretty awesome, doesn't it?  These are lyrics by the band My Ruin --no relation to me, Ms. Ruin.  ;)

I stamped these letters on cardboard and then cut them out.  I love the multiple layers of texture!

This is probably my favorite embellishment.  I stamped a heart on cardboard, cut it out, and then I stapled it down the middle.  Very symbolic.

This beautiful scroll is by Maya Road.  I misted it with Tattered Angels mist and then stamped over it with a script stamp.

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment