Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, March 11, 2012

INSPIRATION & Monica Geller Bing

One word comes to mind when I think about this weekend --DOMINATION.  I owned three closets and a craft room this weekend by gutting them out and sending a ton of stuff to Goodwill.  My friends were making fun of me because I told them about how I have closets like Monica on Friends.  They were like "Nooooo - not you!!!"  LOL.  Yep!  So me and two friends made videos of our closets and I gave a tour of my home so you know how paralelled I am to Monica Bing.  Everything is immaculate --but the closet!  To see the Monica Closet moment, just click here.  And here is MY video...


Moving on...as you know, scrapbooking supplies aren't cheap so I kept all of those items and I'm going to be making bundles (trust me, I have a lot of stuff!!!) and offering them up to my crafty friends for a few hundred pennies.  If you pick a bundle you will pay a shipping and handling fee of anywhere from 10 to 15 dollars and the product is all free!  People keep telling me to keep it for my art program, but honestly, I've been blessed with so many donated items that I can't afford to keep anymore.  I will post pictures of the bundles when they are ready --and hey, these aren't your grandmother's scrapbooking supplies --I'm talking new/gently used Fancy Pants, Rusty Pick, DCWV, Basic Grey, and Making Memories just to name a few.  I posted some cell phone pics on Facebook and people are already telling me what they want.  lol.  More of that to come!
Anyway, back to the real point of this post.  Inspiration.  Who doesn't love to be inspired?!?!  People often tell me that my work inspires them.  That is very flattering.  But how do I stay motivated?  I surround myself with things that I love.  This weekend I acquired a couple of new Kelly Rae pieces plus my new Spring bag and wallet!  So here is a look at some of the new inspirational pieces in my life.

I am in love with this clock.  I keep looking up at it and admiring it. 

I can't get enough of Kelly Rae's canvases!  I have a huge collection.  My friends tell me to stay away from the "Kelly Wall" which is a wall at the Dove's Nest that is Kelly Rae everything!!!  At lunch yesterday I told them I was going to head up to the register to pick up the Spring bag I ordered but I actually gravitated towards the back wall and picked up this canvas and the clock.  lol

Is this very me or what?!?!  This bag is by Papaya Art.  Check them out at papayaart.com

This wallet is the bees knees.  I cringed at the price, it was almost as much as the bag!  But so worth it.  I seriously have one of the coolest wallets ever and you know it.  HAHAHA!

Hope these little gems inspired you too!


2 comments:

  1. F.R.I.E.N.D.S is my favorite show ever!!

    BRING IT BACK TO NBC!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. F.R.I.E.N.D.S on tbs Sunday febuary 10 2013 at 7:00am-3:30pm et cougar town at 9:00am-9:30am just trying to help tbs advertise!!

    ReplyDelete