Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Enjoy the Journey

I made this for my coworker and his family as they are preparing to move out of state.  This little gem doubles as a card and a mixed media piece that they can display in their home.  The base of the card is actually cardboard.  I just inked up the edges with distress ink and then covered both sides with paper.  Mauve flower and scroll are by Maya Road.  Isn't the color of the scroll pretty?  I first covered it with an acrylic gold paint dabber and once it dried I went over it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The hardware is Tim Holtz, of course.


My favorite part of this 6x6 mixed piece is that I used one of my original prints --the bird on the branches!  I shot that a few months ago and I thought it would be perfect for this piece considering that they are about to embark on a journey. 


In keeping with the bird theme I stamped a bird cage on the envelope in vintage photo distress ink and then that lovely quote using black archival ink.  The chipboard bird is also Maya Road --I just painted him black.

Thanks for looking...take flight!

1 comment: