Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baker Revisited

I have been itching to get back to The Baker Hotel and once I have my mind made up about something...well, yanno.  So 163 miles later...I got some new/updated pics of The Grand Lady of Mineral Wells.  I wish I had a whole other day just to sit around and edit pictures but the weekend has come to an end so I will have to take care of my editing during the week.  For now I will share a handful of images from today's trip.  There's much more to come...




There was no way for me to get IN the hotel without truly breaking and entering however a few broken windows and some climbing on my part allowed me to get a glimpse into some of the rooms in the hotel.  My heart was racing each time I peered into the rooms...the air so cold and thick.  I wasn't able to photograph all of the rooms I saw because that would mean letting go of the wall and I needed both hands to hold on tight.  I know, I shouldn't be doing that when I'm solo --but come on...IT'S THE BAKER!




This is one of my favorite pics from the entire set.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment