Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where'd you get those peepers?

I’m guilty of rewarding myself with cosmetics at least once a month and sometimes twice a month.  I did not make any MAJOR purchases in the month of December for myself so of course I’m totally itching for new stuff.  I’ve got the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay sitting in my virtual cart at Sephora.com and in another window I’ve got MAC pulled up because I am itching to buy the 15 pod palette.  Eeeeeeek.  Maybe I need a part-time job.  Oh wait; I do bust my behind with my photography so yeah…maybe I do deserve the palette.  If only they didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Wah wah wah.  Okay, back to reality.  No 15 pod palette.  Okay, reality again…maybe a 9 pod palette????  Throw me a bone!  

/end stream of consciousness



[you can see the bourbon liner in this picture --click images for large view]

Anywho –I decided to do a little throwback to the Naked palette by Urban Decay.  It’s Saturday, I was recovering from Friday shenanigans but I still wanted to look semi-glam.  What can I say, it’s soooooo much fun being a girl!!!!  So here is how you can get the look…the whole look! 

Face:  Tea Party Foundation Play Stick by Benefit (I didn’t use too much, I just applied a little to my sponge applicator and swept it all over the face.  I don’t normally wear powder.

Lips:  MAC lip glass in hmmm –will have to get back to you because I’m not allowed in the bedroom until tomorrow morning.  LOL.  I’m not kidding.

Brows:  Benefit Brows A Go Go in Dark

Blush:  Bronzer by TokiDoki (I didn’t stutter, yep, I used bronzer on the cheeks!)

Eyes:  White cream stick.  Benefit Bad Girl Lash Mascara in black.  Primer for the lids…Sin, Virgin, Hustle, and Sidecar Eye Shadows, Perversion Eye Liner, Bourbon Eyeliner –all by Urban Decay

The 411 on the Eyes…


  • Apply cream stick to the Inner lid and then sweep Sin (a) over it
  • Apply Hustle (b) to the outer lid
  • Blend Sin and Hustle at the middle lid
  • Apply Sidecar (c) to the above crease and outer crease
  • Apply Virgin (d) to the brow/highlight
  • Perversion Liner on the top and the lower water line
  • Bourbon Liner on the inner and outer lower lash line

SO.MUCH.FUN! 

No comments:

Post a Comment