Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Show and Tell

In case you haven't figured this out...I love love love love love to take pictures.  And face it...I'm better at photographing "things" than I am at photographing people.  I have been looking, staring, glaring, eyeing my photos and wow, I have a long way to go when it comes to posing people.  I don't like posing!  But I know, clients want to be told what to do, how to stand, etc.  So I need to work on that.  So anyway, back to what I was saying...I love to take random photos but they are not always quality photos or things that I would normally post on my photography pager.  So I started "Show and Tell" so that I can show you random photos and tell you about them.  ;)  Clever, I know.  So here are some photos I shot on Saturday...enjoy!

I love this iron door frame...interestingly enough, it's the front door at an iron works business.


This old fountain sits on a huge empty lot on Forest Lane between Hillcrest and Preston.  There used to be a huge mansion on this property.  It was for sale for several years and then one day they knocked it down.  There is NO TRACE of a home on the property and the only thing left is this old fountain.  Kind of sad if you ask me.  There was a "Private Property" sign...but it never said "No Trespassing"...however it did say "No Dogs Allowed."  LOL!  I can't make that stuff up.  :)


There were lots of dandelions on the property...I had to lay on the damp ground to get these shots.  So worth it!

There were some awesome trees on the property as well.  This one had some nice little hints of Spring.  Yippy!

And finally...a little tiny hint of spring.  This flower was probably about 2 inches in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment