Ms. Ruin's Playthings


"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lean on Me


A dear friend and coworker recently lost her husband and we wanted to give her a little something to remind her that she is not alone.  So I was commissioned to make a card for her but I wanted to go big because she really does mean a lot to me and she is so nurturning to me and to so many.  This will serve as a reminder that she has so many people to lean on during this difficult time.  

I am sooooooo proud of my tree branch.  Isn't it cool?  I can't draw to save my own life but I managed to draw this tree branch.  I drew all of the clouds too.  ::big cheesy smile::


These gorgeous birds are both chipboard by Maya Road.  I covered them with tissue paper by 7 Gypsies and then mod podged them to seal them. 


These chipboard letters are also by Maya Road...they are the Caroline font.  I painted them white and then adhered them to the canvas and then I mod podged over them. 


What we have here is CLOOOOOOOOUD LOVE!!  In fact, four different types of clouds.  These were so much fun to make and hey, I drew them all myself!  Yes, I'm proud of that.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment